It’s takes a lot of time and effort to lose weight, once you make up your mind, you should attack this difficult task with a bulletproof game plan. It will require great determination along with other influencing factors like proper nutrition, physical activity, and a diet plan. These all come together to help you achieve your goals.
Your body size depends upon a number of factors that include eating habits, genes, exercise, etc. It’s important that you accept and love your body while trying to improve your health. To lose weight, it’s essential that you burn more calories than what you eat. Set your weight loss goals and decide what’s best for your body.
It is recommended that you lose not more than 1-2 pounds per week for the safety of your health. Also, remember to never go on rigorous and potentially damaging diet plans, rather practice healthy eating and exercising so that you can have good health that lasts for life.
Here are some healthy tips for weight loss:
- Keep a diary for your food and exercise. You’ll be successful if you log your intake and activity on a daily basis. With so many apps available online, you can put in your daily task there and get a reminder of your activity and intake.
- Maintain your food habits by eating a variety of plant-based foods like vegetables and fruits. Try to supplement your meal with more vegetables or fruits, a quarter of your plate with whole grains, and a quarter with proteins.
- Time your meals and eat regularly. Do not skip meals as it can lead to over-eating in the latter part of the day. This can waste all the hard work of eating right.
- Drink water half an hour before meals. By doing so, you can decrease your weight by 44% over 3 months.
- Do not over-eat; whenever you feel like you have over-ate, take a step back and stop eating. Give your body a rest. Meals should take 15 minutes or more to consume.
- Drink black coffee. It has caffeine which helps boost your metabolism while also providing other health benefits for your liver.
- If you have not been satiated or still hungry after a meal, do not eat straight away. You should look to wait for 10 minutes before you have more food.
- It is important that you prepare and plan your meals and snacks ahead of your time. Try to snack on some light vegetables and bite on fruits to satisfy your hunger for sweets.
- Drink more juice and water and less soda and alcoholic drinks; limit the amount of alcohol intake.
- Increase your time on physical activities rather than spending your time on the screen such as television or computers.
- If you love your high-calorie desserts, don’t eliminate them completely. Try to eat them less frequently and make it a treat.
- A good weight reduction plan includes more than 1400 calories per day. But know your serving sizes and your daily calorie intake.
- Get a good night sleep, poor sleep is one of the strongest factors that can lead to gaining weight through increase in stress and the stress hormone cortisol.
- Enjoy what you eat and pay attention to what you’re eating. Sit down and relax, savor the texture, taste, aroma and enjoy them in moderation.
- Try to eat your food slowly, as fast eating makes you gain weight over time. If you eat food slowly, you stimulate the weight reduction hormones.
- Try and honor your hunger. When your body needs energy, hunger pangs are messages that tell you about your body’s need for energy.
- Do not use food to cope with your emotions, try exercising instead.
Regular physical activities can help you in maintaining and losing your weight, restoring energy, improving mood, shaping muscles and toning your physique. Activities such as strength-training, aerobic exercise and flexibility are the three types of physical activities that are easy to practice on a daily basis.
Maintaining your weight:
If you follow a regular healthy lifestyle with right amount of food and exercise, weight loss is easily achievable. Once you lose weight, it can also be tricky to maintain your weight. You cannot go back to your old ways of eating. Now that your body weighs less, you would need fewer calories to maintain your health. You need to make sure to burn off as many calories as you are taking in. Eat plenty of nutrient dense-food and make sure you keep your body healthy and fit by exercising regularly.
Losing weight is challenging. Therefore, you need to keep track of your behavior. Self-awareness is self-motivation, so motivate yourself every day to make yourself feel good and look good. Weight loss is not just about being thin and having a zero size, it’s all about your health and fitness. It keeps you healthy, and makes you feel self-confident. It shows the love and respect you have for your body. Staying fit and healthy means that you are in a good relationship with your mind and body.
Commit to some kind of physical activity every day. Walk, run, jump, do whatever it takes to burn the calories off. Aim to burn at least 1000 calories per week, it can be motivating to know how many calories you burn in a day, right? So, the more calories you burn, the more you can eat what you love!
Above all this, before you try on a new diet, consult a dietician or clinician. Our Weight Loss Clinic in Huntsville will be able to guide you in your quest to lose weight. Call today.